Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend


What a great weekend! With none of our kids home, Paul chose to spend the day visiting with his Dad for Fathers's Day, while I got out my Kruger Dreamcatcher's bimini top to stay shaded during a hot 20 miler on the lake. I got quite a few curious looks and questions about my boat.

Saturday Paul and I went for a bike ride, to the bike store. Paul hasn't ridden much since he had a bad downhill crash (front tire blowout) a few years ago resulting in a badly fractured collar bone. He's finally ready to give up his 30 year old Browning, we're shopping for a recumbent bike, he's wanted one for years. Every member of our family has gone through 2, 3, and even 4 new bikes over the years while Dad's kept riding the old (heavy :) faithful.

We just celebrated our 25th year wedding anniversary last week, the bike is going to be his anniversary present. What do I get? The pleasure of his company, it's the best gift ever.

4 comments:

Silbs said...

Now I've seen it all. The last Bimini top I had was on my Hans Christian 42 cutter.

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

Happy Anniversary!! How wonderful!!

FYI - Honeymooners; A Kruger Cruiser can sleep two!! :-)

Michael said...

Well done Dawn and Paul! I'll have 25 in this fall as well!

. said...

Hello Dawn:
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Dan.

I was wondering if you could advise me on a purchase. I am aware of a Verlen Kruger-designed boat out there for sale and wondered if you could tell me your thoughts. Here is the classified ad listing for the Oscoda Loon.

"Oscoda Loon designed by Lansing, Michigan's Verlen Kruger. Your chance to own a Verlen canoe on a bargain budget. Coldwater Canoe & Kayak's spring sale price is Your Best Offer! This barely used canoe/kayak combo is 17 1/2 feet long, 30 inches wide, and weighs a bit over 60 pounds in goldenglass (Sawyer). The reviews on this canoe are phenomenal."

Thanks much, Dawn. See you in a few weeks at the MR340.

Dan Grubbs