Thursday, December 14, 2006

Lunch Time at the Movies

This afternoon at work, I finally had a chance to show the WaterTribe Ultimate Florida Challenge DVD to my coworkers. It's a 50 minute video that introduces the 10 racers, and provides a documentary of the Challenge. And there is quite a lot of footage of me in my Kruger Dreamcatcher :)

Many of those I work with followed my adventures through my husband's daily reporting on this blog during the race, and also followed the WaterTribe forum and the reports, pictures, and videos that were posted.

Still, some of them probably can't really understand why I or anyone would want to do something like this. Certainly, it's difficult to get a real sense of the enormity of the challenge, it's adventures and dangers, and the exhilaration and sense of accomplishment one feels during and after an event like this. Watching the video gives one some of this understanding.

In the video, prior to the start, Warren Ritchie (SharkChow and first place finisher) explains how in an event like this, challengers will experience a physical and spiritual connection with nature and the environment.

And Mark Przedwojewski (ManitouCruiser and second place finisher) really says it best. "A bad day on the water is better than a good day at the office".

No comments: