Saturday, January 27, 2007

Sailing sailing over the .....

It's going to be another great weekend at the lake with 10-15 mph SW winds today, and 10-15 NW with 25 mph gusts tomorrow, highs in the 50s. I think I'll keep the reefing in and work on skills and comfort level, maybe do some motor-sailing (need to paddle too). I've been reading all I can find on small boat sailing, and I thank everyone who emailed me support and advice, from how to both correctly spell 'jibe', to how to actually do one :)

That I've not updating my training log since the holidays does not mean I'm not training, just not logging it in (software issues), though truth be told, I've not put in the hours paddling I've done in previous years training for the EC. Guess it means if the winds aren't favorable, it'll just hurt more this year. I have always found it easier to stay fit (and have fun) with definite goals, and for me that means registering for events. I'm definitely one who races to train, but still always a cruiser not a "real racer".

My 2007 racing schedule looks like this :
3/3-11 - WaterTribe Everglades Challenge
5/6 - White Lake Sprint Triathlon
6/9-10 - Tour de Cure 150 mile bike ride for Diabetes
7/24-28 - Missouri 340 paddling adventure race
8/12 - BikeFest Century Ride
9/8-9 - MS150 bike ride for Multiple Sclerosis
Sept/Oct ?? - Lumber River Race
Oct ?? - Suwannee River Race

I see the boys in Team RAF are finally starting to train for the EC, and even have a race scheduled this weekend. The Krispy Kreme Challenge, a 2 mi run, eat a dozen donuts, finish with another 2 mi run, hmmm, an interesting start :)

I'm off to the lake, will report back later on my sailing/paddling weekend.

No comments: