Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Abs-solutely

I just love a challenge! Unlike most, mine are almost always just against myself. Maybe it's because that way I might fail, but I can never really lose :)

Like KiwiBird, I too read about Greg Barton's stomach crunch exercise program in the 2008 Canoe and Kayak Buyers Guide. I read it, got exhausted just thinking about it, then kept reading on.

But KiwiBird's posting "All I want for Christmas..." might just be the motivation I need for a new personal challenge. Having recently lost 15 pounds, and with another 15 or so to go, this could be good. I might reap some visible benefits in addition to the core fitness and paddling results. Sounds like a win-win.

I'm currently on a "2 times everything" weekly training plan, part of my paddle training for WaterTribe Everglades Challenge, and my maintenance training for next August's Ironman. I think I can add a 2 * abdominal workout into the mix, that is if I don't think about it too much.

2 comments:

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

go girl go!!

Kristen said...

There we have it, Dawn! The "Chicas Ab Challenge" - we'll have to compare on the beach at Ft. de Soto. Brian can judge.