Thursday, April 17, 2008

Will this be Next?


A message went out today on the WaterTribe forum announcing that registration is open for the 2009 season for the Everglades Challenge and Ultimate Florida Challenge. The message said:

"Notice there are some new classes. Class 4 is for monohulls, the new class 5 is for multihulls, and the new class 6 is for human and wind power combined with solar/electric. These new classes are provisional and are pending approval by the full board of directors. Go ahead and use them if they apply to you."
This was all news to me, and I'm a member of this Board of Directors. I'm also one who prefers we keep the Challenges based on more simple themes, though I expect if Alan could do the EC next year he would be all over this.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I like the subtlety between, "These new classes are provisional and are pending approval by the full board of directors," and then: "Go ahead and use them if they apply to you." Ummmm. I've asked Chief via the forum if he's kidding - you never know...

Silbs said...

Don't know what that is a picture of, just that I want one.