Thursday, November 06, 2008

Sunday in the Mountains

After such a nice lake paddle on Saturday, I drove up to Boone NC on Sunday to visit my daughter, and check out the Fall colors on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The colors were disappointing compared to the lake; Tana said it wasn't a good year for color in the mountains, most things went from green to yellow/brown quickly. We had a nice hike up on Grandfather Mountain in the morning.


Even stopped and checked out the bears in the wildlife habitat exhibit. I'm all about getting to know bears these days.

The rest of the day was girl stuff, some great shopping, and out to dinner at a nice Thai restaurant. But the most fun was later that evening when Tana had some friends over and they all taught me how to play Wii Rock Band. Great fun, thanks Tana.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn - Wonderful blog - Your training schedule is inspiring.
I paddle a Romany up here in Maine. My hope is to find out where I might get some (relatively) warm weather camping and paddling in over my winter break (Dec 20-Jan 3 ish). I know nothing yet of NC waters and came upon your blog as I looked around.

Any suggestions or leads will be gratefully received.
Thanks, Marion