Saturday, January 17, 2009

Brrr Cold Paddle

It was a beautiful sunny day out on the lake today, but very cold. I don't think it ever got above freezing, and there was a pretty stiff breeze out there. Even the loom of my Greenland paddle had ice on it as the drips from the blade would freeze.

Just me and the birds. In fact, there were so many bird feathers on the water, I thought I'd take a picture.

Bad idea, and not even very good. I had to take my glove off to work the camera, and ended up dropping it in the water, not realizing until it was full of water.

Did I mention how cold it was? At this point I still had 8 miles to get back to the car. I never did get my right hand fingers warm until I was in the car with the heat blasting. Boy does that hurt.

Luckily we're looking at highs in the 40s on Sun and Mon. I figure I'll be totally thawed out by then.

2 comments:

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

bummer

Anonymous said...

Im a fan of pogies. for reasons just like this.

b