Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Georgia Trip



My Georgia trip report will unfortunately have to wait on some photos, my camera had a problem and other’s have promised to share their pictures soon.  

The EYE sailboat with my son Alan on it did indeed pass me off Sapelo Island, and even though they were quite a bit more offshore, I was able to see their sails, and got a few text messages from Alan during that time.

I hope to plan many more trips to Georgia, both kayaking and sailing. It’s a beautiful coast, and a very different ecology than my NC coast.  To help me plan, I’ve purchased the book (above) The Georgia Coast, Waterways and Islands by Nancy Schwalbe Zydler and Tom Zydler.

In the meantime, I'm paddling again locally, and starting my training for the 2010 WaterTribe Everglades Challenge.

No comments: