Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Everyone's Paddling but Me

life's just been so busy these past few weeks that I haven't found much time for paddling. I'll be leaving early Friday morning for a 9 day visit with my folks in Hawaii. My brother in Denver will also be visiting. A bit of a family reunion without spouses and children. I'm hoping for some water time while there, and am particularly interested in trying out some OC1's.

Last Saturday Paul and I were up in Boone again. Our daughter had asked us to bring her a few things for school, and she had a day off to play with us. We would never turn that opportunity down. We drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway, had a nice picnic lunch at an overlook, then spent the afternoon hiking a couple trails to some fantastic waterfalls. Ending the evening taking her to the movies (Bourne Ultimatum) and then to a great Thai restaurant for dinner. It was a great day, full of fun and laughter, ending with lots of kisses and hugs.

Since then it's all been about chores and work as I get ready for some time off. I'm looking forward to long walks watching the sunrise off Kailua beach. Photo below taken last July during our family visit.

Aloha.

1 comment:

Michael Lynskey said...

I wish I would have known y'all were in Boone last Saturday. I went through there with my Dad on the way to a Fiddler's Convention and would have liked to have said Hi. Let me know if you're ever coming to the Asheville area.

--RubberDucky