Sunday, February 13, 2011

Out Paddling

Picture above was taken by David a few weeks ago when KiwiBird, David, and I got out on the water for a WaterTribe Everglades Challenge (EC) training paddle.   That's my new Flat Earth Kayak Sail, which I'm really enjoying and will use in this years race.  Today promises to be great weather, 60 degrees, SW winds 10-15, I'll be out there all day.

Overall, training has not been as I'd hoped/planned.  I've just not had much boat time on the water, though I have been sticking to the weight training 2-3 times each week.  My latest plan is to just go with the philosophy "I know how to do it, and I know I can do it".   And of course I'll have lots of ibuprofen.

Our sailing friend Steve of 'Log of Spartina' blog has agreed to be my (and Paul and Alan's) shore contact this year for the EC, he'll be posting updates of each of our challenges on his blog, so be sure to check there often.  This afternoon we've planned a test contact call.   This will be the first year I'll have my Droid phone, not sure how well it'll work through the waterproof case. 

I'll have my SPOT on testing it out on the WaterTribe tracking mapper as well.

No comments: