Tuesday, November 23, 2010

November is Training

November is when I usually start my training for next years March WaterTribe Everglades Challenge. This year is no different, except I’m starting a few weeks late :(  I’ve added a countdown calendar on the right to help keep me motivated and focused.

My basic training plan doesn’t usually change much, but this year I want to be more diligent about keeping to it.  And I plan to get some personal training for the weight training, it’s getting harder and harder to get strong and keep the weight off.

      • Regular 15 mile Fri night paddles
      • Regular Sunday paddles building from 15-35 miles
      • Back to Back Sat/Sun 20-30 mile paddles in February with loaded boat
      • Weight Training, Core workouts, and Yoga for flexibility
      • Regular Walking, Biking, Swimming for cardio workouts
      • Weight Watchers for weight control

I’ll be doing extra bike riding this year, as David (Floatsome) and I are registering as a team to bike RAGBRAI, The Des Moines Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Ride, a seven-day bicycle ride across Iowa, in it’s 39th year, it’s the oldest, largest and longest bicycle touring event in the world. We have to enter a lottery to get accepted, and they accept 10,000 riders. It’ll be crazy fun. Another countdown clock added to the blog.

If all that isn’t enough, it’ll be a very busy year. Besides the training (fun actually, but still time consuming), we are doing a bit of house repair/maintenance, hoping to sell in the Spring, and build a smaller retirement house that fits our needs better, now that it’s just the two of us, and with all our toys.

Moving on. Time to get busy. Time for some fun.

Picture above was taken of me in my Kruger Dreamcatcher on the St Mary's River during the 2006 WaterTribe Ultimate Florida Challenge.  I plan to participate in this challenge again in 2012, so lots of fun till then.

2 comments:

Michael said...

If I ever grow up, I plan to be as ambitious as you are! Somehow I don't think it's going to happen to me however... ;-)

Unknown said...

Dear Dawn.
After enjoying your blog for the last year, I've started a paddling blog as well. I hope you'll check it out when you have a chance. Pass it on.
http://logofibi.blogspot.com