Saturday, February 18, 2006

Brrrrr Cold

I had planned today to be my last long training day on the water, 10-12 hrs; I quit at 4. It was so windy and cold, and then it started freezing rain and snowing. Normally I'd love a chance to paddle in the snow, but with the wind in my face ......



Here I am having returned home. Hard to see the snow, but it's really coming down. Yes that is snow in my hair, but, training for this race has also turned me a bit grey.

I'll likely not do another long paddle before the race, just a few 4 hr trips. Tomorrow they're calling for 30 degree temps all day, not sure I'll do much biking either. Oh well, I've still got lots of stuff at home to do to get ready.

I haven't really done as many long days as I had originally planned, guess it'll just hurt more in the beginning :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've got some serious wheels to portage your boat!