Friday, February 24, 2006

Thank-You

Finally got the boat out of the living room and on the car. I'm all packed and ready to go. Didn't get a very early start, but will arrive in Fla on Wed evening.

I've been so lucky to have so many special people in my life, standing behind me and cheering me on. I have to admit feeling quite a bit pressured to succeed as I don't want to disappoint anyone. I can only try to do my best, much will be out of my control. No one wants to succeed at this more than I.

I really do believe it's not our successes and accomplishments that really make our lives so interesting, it is the journeys we take along the way trying to get there. Through these journeys that I have met such wonderful people.

Thank you Dee, Ron, Raven, Kristen, Jeff, and Sally, my paddling buddies who are so encouraging. Thank you Elizabeth for helping me get physically ready. Thank you Dan, paddling partner and friend who is always there for me. Thanks Jack, a new friend, sending such positive vibes. Thank you Mark for really making this possible (go Krugers). Thanks Myra and David for letting me take the time off. There are so many more I could thank, you know who you are.

A special thanks to my Mon and Dad, they raised me as a traveler, those life's experiences have also made me an adventurer.


But most of all, thanks to my family, Tana, Alan and Paul (known as DancesWithSandyBottom among the WaterTribe group). They have been so incredibly generous, supportive, helpful, patient, and sacrificing in so many ways. Yes they think I'm totally crazy, but they let me be me. I love you guys the most.

No comments: