Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Music

Music is very important to me on those long distance paddles required for endurance races like the MR340, and it's a really big help on the late night paddles.


I had purchased a Zen Nano Plus for the 2006 Watertribe Ultimate Florida Challenge. At the time it was the only MP3 that I could find that included an FM radio, used one small AAA battery for 18 hours of play (no recharging necessary), and was itself very small.

I'm planning to use my Nano MP3 player during the MR340 race. I've also purchased the EGO Waterproof Sound Case for MP3s and IPODs. It was recommended by another paddler on the MR340 discussion forum. I'm really hoping it'll work with my MP3 player. I'll hopefully test it out this weekend if it gets here on time.


I've never felt completely safe having earphones with music blocking my ability to hear when on the water. And I've always felt a bit foolish singing along (I cannot sing) without the music drowning out my voice.



I'm very excited about this sound system, and have even spent most of the evening updating and loading new tunes on my MP3, a very eclectic mix inclding Bob Marley and the Wailers, Steely Dan, Natalie Cole, Fleetwood Mac, and Craig David.

No comments: